Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Weight Loss and Baking

Just a little bit of what has been going on here. So I haven't been baking nearly as much because I am try to loose 15 lb. so far I have lost about 5-6 depending on the day :) It is soooo hard some days. I help myself by looking at a whole of bunch of baking websites, printing off the ones I want to try and stuffing them in my ever growing dessert recipe book. So once I lose these 15 lb (the weight I was before pregnancy and after until I started gaining) I am going to have a ton of recipes I need to try and probably gain all the weight back in a few short weeks :)
Actually, I am going to try and pace myself with making my recipes and maintain my weight once I reach my goal. Thankfully, Gary's class is having a halloween party coming up and I have decided I am going to make Cake Pops for his class and dirt cups. I'm sure I will post pictures when they are all done. This will help get my creativity out and I won't be tempted to eat because cake balls aren't my favorite dessert, but his kids liked them the last time I made them.  I would have loved to make a Haunted House cake also but financially it is too much to spend right now...I've already spent way too much for the cake ball and dirt cup supplies! There are 30 children total so it is going to be a lot to make anyway without making the cake. Oh well, I'll just have to get my creativity out in another way. But if anyone wants a Haunted House cake just let me know. I would love to try and make one for you ;)
I also want to make a fire engine cake (kydan would love it), a Caterpillar cake and a castle cake.
My beginners cake decorating class is over. But I will be taking the second course which focuses on making flowers and than the third course focuses on fondant. I really enjoy the class! I am surprised at how much I enjoy it. I am shy and nervous person going into things like this. But the instructor is sooo nice and the other women are nice also. We just have fun and it is nice to get away from the child once in a while and just be creative with other women. I will be sad after I finish all the courses, it gave me something to look forward to. This is the way school/college should be. It should be learning about something you enjoy, without pressure so that you learn better and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment