Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cookie Madness and Holiday Traditions


So I made three different chocolate chip cookie recipes today in hopes of finally narrowing down to one recipe.  One I didn't care much for. The other two where very similar in that they were both delicious. However, the one recipe called for cake flour and bread flour and I followed the recipe precisely. But when it came to baking, the outside edges got really crisp long before the center was done baking. The other recipe with normal all purpose flour was just as big of a cookie but I didn't have the problem with the center not getting done. So I guess that is the winner for my favorite cookie!
Here is the winner:

Here is Runner up, the one cookie that didn't have a crispy edge but still not quite finished baking in the center :)


So I think I am finished baking for awhile! Not only because baking three batches of cookies took a lot of supplies but also because I am cookied out :) A matter of fact I'm just not feeling all that much desire to eat sweets here recently. So guess I will be taking a break.

I'm hoping to throw a little Halloween party sometime this month so I will probably make a couple of cute little desserts. Also might be making some little halloween desserts for Gary's students, but we'll see. His class has been acting up here recently, so if they are too bad they might loose the privilege of a party.

I know Kydan is only two and half and probably won't remember anything yet, but I want to start making memories for him over the holidays... especially since he doesn't have any siblings. Even if we do get to foster these two boys, they are much older and it is hard to say if Kydan and them will even form a bond. Either way, I want to start traditions. Since my family doesn't live down here it makes it hard to find ways to involve other people. Although Gary's parents live down here, I really want Kydan to be around children. And the two cousins that do live near by are also a good bit older and we aren't really close to Gary's sister because we are completely different people. Thankfully we have some good friends you have stuck around and are our family in Christ as well.

Than again why do I think that Kydan needs a sibling in order to be happy and to enjoy holidays and such? Although I have fond memories of my brother and sister growing up (even though they are 6 and 10 years older than myself), a lot of siblings don't get along....especially when they become adults. A matter of fact Gary is pretty much an only child. His youngest sibling is 7 years older than him and they are all girls. He pretty much doesn't have any type of relationship with them now as an adult. He is completely different in personality from all three of them. We only see them occasionally, even the one sibling that does live nearby.

Anyway, I know this post is pretty random. Just a lot on my mind. I love fall....I love the smell in the air, the jacket weather, and the changing colors. It would be by far my favorite time of year if I didn't have problems with seasonal depression. Grrr, stupid moods :) I just get down really easily and feel blah and sad for no apparent reason or over stupid things.

No comments:

Post a Comment