Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Haunted House Cake

Ok so I couldn't hold out...I had the ingredients to make it...even though I don't have anyone to make it for, i did it anyway. I made the Haunted House cake. I thought I did good for my first attempt at doing something like this. I saw better ones on google images, but I still think I did good for a beginner. I didn't have any marshemallow ghost to add to make it look more spooky, but oh well.
so here it is.....
 The colors aren't exactly what I was looking for. I think it would look better with the roof black, but I didn't have anything I could us to make it black. I just used graham crackers for the roof. The tower is made out of cupcakes. The slanted roof is just cake that I cut into that shape. The icing is buttercream...not my favorite because it is too sweet and leaves my mouth and throat feeling funny, but it is the best to use for decorating. I used a toothpick to make lines in the walls to give the impression that house is made of grey brick.

This all got started because I found a recipe for an icing made out of flour and white sugar...never made a frosting like that so I decided to try it. Well it was very delicious (not too sweet) but takes forever to make. Than I was thought I would make a cake to put it on so that I can see what it taste like on an actual cake. But while making the cake I decided to use up my gallon of icing that I bought for my cake classes and decided to just go for the haunted house :) I actually didn't even use the new icing on the cake after all because I didn't want to ruin my haunted house if it turned out to not be a good frosting to spread...so I went with what I knew  was good for decorating.
It took hours! But it was fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment