Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Creativity and Frustration

So when I combine two things I love, it turns into an addiction of sorts. 1. I LOVE desserts 2. I like to create things. Although most of my creations are not really mine, they are things that I have seen before, I still like to make them for myself. I am a pretty good drawer but I have to have a picture in front of me in order to draw it. I can't just draw and image out of my head. I wish I could though!
This is why I sometimes get obsessed over certain computer games and such. The ones where you get to design your own house, town, farm, frontier, or whatever can hold me for hours because I love decoration/creating. Of course it wouldn't take so long to decorate if they didn't make it that you had to earn money to buy items to decorate with.
Anyway, so I love sweets as anybody who actually knows me will know. Recently I have found a passion for turning desserts into creations. I have soooo many ideas for cakes that I want to decorate...yet I am frustrated because who is going to eat the cake? Of course I will end up eating it. Gary sometimes takes my desserts to school. But I don't want all the kids to get fat because of me :) Or the employees for that matter. I am one of these people if I have something I want to create in my head, the idea will not go away until I make it. I grow antsy because the creativity needs to be released.
I don't even know if my creations are even that good. (of course my melancholy temperament tells me this). My  white icing cake last night just didn't seem as smooth as the other people from my cake decorating class. I was so caught up in trying to fix my runny icing that I guess I missed her instructions on out to smooth out the icing once the cake is fully covered. 
I know, practice makes perfect right? But like I said, I can make all these cakes to practice but who is going to eat them? It is an expensive hobby to end up just throwing it away after Kydan, Gary, and I all have little slices...In my case maybe two ;)
Some have suggested selling cakes and desserts. My mom has even brought to my attention a farmers market nearby that I could sell my desserts at. She also said local town events and such. Gary's one aunt told me that over the holidays I should give a free platter of samples to local businesses(..Like the fire department, vet's office, library and such) along with a business card. As much as I would love to do this...I am a shy person. To walk into an establishment and offer a free platter of desserts makes me nervous. the most contact I have with people out in public is to say Hi. Plus I don't think my desserts are WOW enough to sell. Just ordinary desserts, that ordinary people could make themselves. Why would they pay me to make it for them? It isn't like any of my desserts have brought people to me asking for the recipe.
Also it seems like everybody I know is on a diet (or life style change as some like to call it) or they don't like sweets. I guess I don't care as much about whether what I am eating or not is healthy...most people care because they want to stay healthy and live longer...well my body is unhealthy whether I eat healthy food or not, so I guess I just don't care as much as others. That is probably my melancholy temperament showing itself again :)
Good thing is, holidays are coming up which means party's and desserts...even though my halloween party fell through because nobody but one family can make it...and they always come over and eat my desserts anyway. Won't be going anywhere for thanksgiving that I am aware of...and christmas is still up in the air. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment