Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Crafts and Calendar

Christmas flower Ornament made out of a toilet paper roll. (Unfortunately, I forgot to take a before picture.) I had Kydan paint the toilet paper rolls. You can paint both inside and outside...it looks better if you paint the inside too. Once it dries you flatten the roll and cut into strips. Hot glue these together at the bottom end of each one till they connect.



On the tree



These neat little containers can be bought at the dollar tree and you get 10 in a pack!
We painted the clear plastic with spray paint that is made for plastic so that Kydan wouldn't be able to see the treat inside. I was planning on painting the lids to make them look like ornaments but I got lazy :) Instead we just bought Christmas stickers at the dollar tree and put those on the lid. Add some ribbon and you can hang it on the tree or on twine/ribbon on a wall. Since Kydan has his own Christmas tree we let him hang them on his tree. Each night after dinner he gets to pick one. They all contain chocolate candies that were purchased at the dollar tree as well. (in the above picture you can see it hanging on the tree)


Here was an idea I thought up to help Kydan visualize when Christmas will be here. I cut out the month of December from our calendar. I then went on clip art on microsoft word and found a Mary and Joseph traveling on a donkey to Bethlehem. I cut them out and put some tacky stuff on the back so that each day Kydan can move them to the next day. The first day I showed him he tried to move the Mary and Joseph straight to the 25th where the gift sticker was since I told him that was the day he could open gifts :) 
On the 25th I also added a picture of Mary and Joseph now holding a baby Jesus so that he would know Jesus was born on that day.
I also added other pictures for days that he will be doing things.



 tacky on the back to make it movable from day to day


 Christmas day showing Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus. Also a present to let Kydan know that is the day we open our gifts.





1 comment:

  1. AWWW! I love your calendar! I totally want to do that too! That's super fun! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete