Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Robin Hood Halloween!

I did something I thought I would never do this year. I actually made Kydan's costume! Thankfully this costume had no sewing invloved which is why it turned out looking decent! :)

I chose Robin Hood, unfortunately, this will probably the last year that I will be able to choose what he wants to wear as I am sure next year he will have more of an opinion.

It was quite simple to make....

1 green shirt- dollar tree $1
1 yard of brown felt- walmart for about $4
feathers- Michael's $2
sticks- free (just find a tree)
twine- dollar tree $1

$8 total...not bad!


I found a tutorial on You Tube on how to make a robin hat. not hard to find, just type in how to make a robin hood hat.
for the fringe on the sleeves and bottom of the shirt i just measure the length I would need and pretty much just guessed on how far apart I wanted the spaces to be. I did the same thing for the cape. I just held the fabric around his neck and cut the length i wanted it to be.
Here is the website for the bow and arrow....http://www.4tunate.net/2012/10/simple-outdoor-adventures-for-boys-day-14-make-a-bow-and-arrow/

add green or brown pants and you got yourself a little Robin Hood :)

1 comment:

  1. FABULOUS job, Stacy! It's super cute, and turned out great! I'm sure even when he picks his own thing, you guys will figure it out in budget!

    ReplyDelete