Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stuffed Cookies and Prayer

So I adapted these recipes off the website pickypalate. You can pretty much stuff a cookie with anything! The day after Halloween I stuffed a couple cookies with chocolate candy that Kydan got from trick or treating. Yesterday was a tough day emotionally so I gave way to temptation and made some brownies than made my favorite cookie dough recipe...wrapped some of the cookie dough around a brownie piece and baked it...the result was deliciousness!
Here is a picture of a snickers stuffed cookie:


Her is the brownie stuffed cookie:



On another note I just want to thank everyone who has been praying for Gary and I while we go through this stressful time....without going into too much detail due to confidential reasons...Gary and I have been working towards becoming foster parents since this past spring. We had two particular boys in mind whom if everything worked out fostering we would have liked to adopt. These boys Gary knows very well and the youngest boy has grown pretty attached to Gary even developing Gary's sense of humor and such. There is a third brother but he has many problems that Gary and I don't feel qualified to deal with.
Yesterday we were told that another couple is interested in adopting all three of them. This is devastating news for us since we had no clue...for 6 plus months we had have dealt with fears, worries, hopes, dreams, praying for these boys and this decision. Last week were finally approved to be foster parents and set up a date to talk about visiting. Needless to say this has come as a complete shock to us.
I have compared it to having a miscarriage all over again. The hopes, dreams, the maternal sense growing as you prepare yourself to love and care for another human being.  The whole day after my miscarriage I cried, and so I cried most of yesterday.
I know God has a plan, but that doesn't make it easier to deal with. All I have to do is look at his word to know that current difficulties have purpose when you can see the whole picture. I just can't see the whole picture like he can. However, that doesn't take away the pain of the moment. Yes there are other kids out there who need a home with parents who will love them, and maybe someday we might consider that...but just like a miscarriage you don't want to be told you can always try again...you wanted THAT baby, not another baby.
But there is still hope that we could get these boys...we will go through with the weekend visits and such and just wait to see what happens. Waiting is the hardest part.
As many of you know, Gary and I can't have any more children of our own. Based on a decision we made due to my health problems that were brought on by my pregnancy with Kydan. But since middle school I have considered fostering/adopting as a great alternative to having biological children...why bring more kids into a difficult, painful world (I was depressed in middle school) when there are children who are already in the world who need a family. So when we made the decision to finally start this process of fostering to adopt it felt right...Please keep praying that God's will will be done, even if it means the boys going to another home. I want what is best for them and for us, even if it hurts in the meantime. Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment