Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanksgiving thankfulness!

Thought since it is almost thanksgiving that I would do a thanksgiving post. Also the message at the The Bridge yesterday was about thanksgiving and taking pleasure in what God has given us and how that is a form of worship.
I remember as a 10 or 11 year old I was feed a stray cat and her babies in hopes that they would gain my trust and I just remember after one particular night when one of them let me get really close to it, I stood outside and prayed my thankfulness to the lord for that simple little thing and how excited I was. I had to have been out there for an hour just talking to him about my feelings of happiness and hopes of gaining trust from one of the three little kittens. Such a simple prayer of thanksgiving from a child! But about year after that prayer one of those kittens, now grown and mother of one herself, did befriend me. This is almost unheard of from cats that are born strays, they never trust people. Yet this sweet cat whom I named Midnight trusted me! Some would say it was the food I gave her. But I must disagree. Midnight had a another kitten, when no one else was around but me, she brought that two day old kitten out from under the patio and layed it in front of me on the grass. She layed down next to it and held her head high and puffed out her chest in pride, showing off her beautiful kitten to an 11 year old girl whose prayers were answered beyond measure! A cat that was born feral was bringing her vulnerable kitten out from hiding just to show it off to me! After a couple minutes she took her kitten back under the patio. But I will forever remember that gesture from a simple animal.

As an adult, with the daily stresses of finances and raising a child I have a tendency to forget these simple things that I used to find so much pleasure in. So now I will take the time to once again appreciate the things that the Lord has given me, rather then be distracted from the hecticness (if that is a word) from life.

What I am  MOST thankful for (of course) is my savior, Jesus, who has given me purpose and meaning to life. When everything else in life is taken from me, I still have the hope that someday he will make life whole again. A savior who loved me so much he wanted to feel my pain and so limited himself to the human body and played by the laws of mankind that he set up, even when being beaten and spit on and nailed on a cross he didn't call down angels to save himself. Who knows what it is like to pray to the Father to have the pain taken away, but it isn't. Who is faithful when I am unfaithful. Who died for me while I was still a sinner. Who is teaching me grace and courage. For his patience because i am a slow learner!
For my husband, who treats me with gentleness and kindess, with soft words rather then criticism and condemnation.
To a son, who is randomly gives me kisses and says I love you. Who always wants me to sit and watch tv or play toys with him.
To my mom and dad who raised me the best way they new how. Telling me of Jesus, sending me to a christian school. For putting up with my selfish behavior and laziness!
For my siblings whom I share fond memories of growing up with and present memories as well.
my nieces and nephew whom I adore! Whom I wish I could see more of so I could spoil them :) Who put a smile on my face.
For The Bridge and the people who are apart of it or were apart of it. Who helped me during a difficult time in my life. A time when I was distant in my relationship with the Lord, due to bad church experiences and my own personal bad decisions as well as difficult circumstances. I don't know if I would have ever stepped back into a church, if it weren't for a few people who kept at us, constantly inviting us to events. I need to work on my shyness so that I can do this for someone else in return and I need to get over my fear of rejection!

I am thankful for nature, for animals, for my dogs. For a house, for Gary's job, for friends who put up with me! :) For being able to stay at home with Kydan.
I am thankful that health this summer was exceptionally good and after small relapse in september, that once again my health has been good. And even if my health wasn't good, I would like to think that I would still be thankful, because some day my body will be made whole!
thank you Lord!

Oh and how could I forget cookie?!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment