Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 6, 2012

Cake Mix Cool Whip Cookies and Weight Loss


Cake Mix Cool Whip Cookies!



These are sooo simple to make! I wouldn't say there is anything special or WOW about the taste but they were simple to make and don't need a lot of ingredients! That makes these cookies a great cookie to make with a young child like my son :)

The recipe calls for one cake mix of any flavor. I gave Kydan the choice between white, yellow, or chocolate and surprisingly he chose white!
1 egg
and one 8 oz tub of cool whip (we used the lite version)
Just mix the ingredients together, preheat oven to 350, form dough into balls (optional you can roll in powdered sugar, but we didn't have any on hand so we skipped that part) and bake 10-12 min.

With a child you need to make things more interesting than that so I let him choose sprinkles to put in the batter...He chose brown and blue sprinkles. The picture of the cookie at the bottom left is the cookie following the recipe...pretty plain if you ask me. So the next batch we added M&M's to one (top right if you couldn't tell :) some caramel topping with a Hershey kiss on top (bottom right) and some biscoff aka cookie butter (top left). I personally enjoyed the M&M one because I just love M&M's in cookies, you can ask anyone whom I used to work with at Subway. But I also loved the Biscoff one because Biscoff is just awesome with just about everything! It even deserves to be capitalized :)

So after Kydan was born I was fortunate enough to have lost all 40 lb of weight that I gained within about 2 months. Mainly because I was just too tired and in too much pain to get up the desire to go and make food. However, when Kydan turned a year old that year I slowly began to gain weight. At this time I was going to the Dr every month due to health problems, and every month the scale would go up a pound or two. Before I knew Kydan turned two and I gained 15 pounds! Yikes!
Pregnancy can do weird things to a women's body. Since having a baby I enjoy foods I have never enjoyed before. I am constantly mentioning to my husband how something taste good, that I used to not like before pregnancy. Also having a picky toddler around, you just can't let that food go to waster, so you eat it. Being a stay at home mom, boredom can set in, not to mention stress when the terrible twos and three's hit!
But back in May I decided I was tired of the extra weight. So I started exercising. Considering before I was pretty much a sloth, any amount of exercise would help in the weight loss department. Sure enough the first couple pounds came off somewhat easily!
Then I cut back on the sweets. I am trying to make "healthier" sweets with only the occasional really bad sweets. Also at dinner instead of eating seconds right away, I wait two hours and eat seconds this way I am not eating extra sweets in the evening. During the day I try to eat healthy snacks in between meals like apples, gold fish, or stick pretzels.
As of right now I have lost 8 pounds! only four more to go to reach my goal weight! So those of you who follow me on pinterest...no I don't make all those yummy looking desserts although I wish I could! But when I am cutting back I get my sweet "fix" by looking at yummy things :) You can always tell when I am cutting back because I pin like 10 desserts in one day!
Anyway, I am not a bug health fanatic, but thought I would share because those who know me best know that I have very little self discipline and I am sooo happy that for once in my life I have been able to discipline myself in something long enough to actually see results! Now I just need to start the self discipline in reading the bible more and praying...

hear is the link to that recipe
http://www.food.com/recipe/e-a-s-y-cake-mix-and-cool-whip-cookies-147496

No comments:

Post a Comment